Sunday, June 13, 2010

All over the map

Phew. What a game. I watched the first two innings at a friend's house with our two extended families. Then we headed about 400 yards down the road to my parents house to catch innings 3,4,5, & 6 where Strasburg was clearly having trouble with his footing. Inning 6 wrapped up, where Storen performed beautifully to hold the game at 6-1, on my radio on the way home. I caught the 7th inning on the trusty Samsung back home. The 8th was back to the radio for a trip to the store. And I caught the 9th back on the Samsung at home. Whirlwind. With all that travel, I am guessing that I "missed" 2 or 3 outs of the entire game. I'm pretty impressed with that. As far as the game goes, I'm gonna let it sink in a little. I liked Dibble's reference that the bullpen was forming dinner plans in Detroit while Batista decided to blow up and Clippard had to come into the game. I was glad to see Strasburg get his second win. I'd say 8K's, 2 hits, 1 ER, and a W is a hell of a "bad start". His walk total of 5 was way too high, but his footing was clearly bothering him. One of the most impressive things about Strasburg so far is his ability to battle back from adversity be it home runs given up or a hole in his landing zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment